Apparently it’s not socially acceptable for a man to invite another man out just for coffee or to go out for a meal, in case it’s perceived as a date. Like it’s fine if you wanna go to the pub and drink beer and have a chat but make it non-alcoholic and suddenly you’re not straight anymore? You can go to the cinema together but ONLY if it’s an action movie. You guys can’t even just go shopping with each other. Oh masculinity, so fragile, so strange.
I have actually read advice columns along the lines of “I don’t drink, but the guys at work keep inviting me out. Can I suggest coffee, or will they think there’s something wrong with me?”
How goddamned weird is our society that men can’t get together for things other than beer, sports, or strip clubs?
- Do not forget Michael Brown
- Do not forget how the media dehumanized him and tried to justify his murder
- Do not forget how peaceful protests were painted as savage riots
- Do not forget police armed with military grade weapons terrorized and arrested black civilians
- Do not forget Darren Wilson being awarded over $400,000 in fundraiser donations for murdering an unarmed black child
- Do not forget that this system was not built to defend us, but to control us
- Do not forget Ferguson
I’m not a misandrist, but a few quick questions:
If men can’t even make their own sandwiches, why are they allowed to make bills in congress?
If men can’t control their own sexual urges, why are they allowed to control nations?
If a woman’s legs/shoulders are enough to distract a man, how can we trust them to stay focused on things like open heart surgery or judging a murder trial?
Again not a misandrist, some of my best friends are guys and i’m even dating one.